Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Off to Camp

July 8, 1964

Jocie Brooke here, but not reporting from Main Street, Hollyhill. It's 4-H Camp week. No time for reporting anything. Been learning to canoe today. Only flipped into the water once and that boy, Jarrod, who was paddling with me, he did that on purpose. He thought it was hilarious. I laughed too. It wasn't so bad. I didn't mind getting wet since it was really hot today. And Jarrod, he's sort of cute. 

Don't tell Dad. He's worried enough already about me being here at camp all week without wondering if I'm thinking about boys. I'm not. Not really. But they do have these dances every night and a girl doesn't want to be a wallflower. Well, the pavilion doesn't have walls, but you know what I mean.

The leader is telling me I have to turn off my flashlight and go to sleep. So no more reporting tonight.

Did you ever go to 4-H camp? What did you like best about it? I love singing those silly songs about being a nut and then doing the hokey pokey. Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jocie loves to know what you're thinking about your visits to Hollyhill.